The Old Church Cottage

The Old Church, renovated in 2005, was Devonport's former Salvation Army Citadel built in 1909, at the end of Queen Victoria's reign. The transformation of this fine timber building into our home and boutique accommodation was overseen by a heritage architect whose brief was to preserve its exterior character while embellishing its interior charm with the comforts of twenty first century living.

The Old Church Cottage is a separate building, previously the Sunday School, situated privately at the back of the property. The Cottage offers an airy bed-sitting room with lofted, beamed ceilings, luxurious linen and an adjoining large bathroom with shower and bath. Also adjoining is a small bed/dressing room with a single bed suitable as extra accommodation for a third guest.

Our home is just steps away from this old maritime suburb's village street. You can stroll to the ferry wharf in seven minutes, shops, cafes and bistros are even closer and the recently refurbished Victoria Picture Palace is just around the corner.

Minutes by water ferry from Auckland's downtown, Devonport is a favourite destination for travellers seeking the charm of Auckland city's colonial past, peaceful and invigorating walks and an excellent range of dining choices at the end of their day.